Polini Thor airbox support problems
by Had Robinson
After a number of hours, the airbox will slip down and become crossways on the carburetor. When this happens air can enter the carburetor directly without being filtered by the airbox. The problem is that that support for the airbox (that is attached to one of the upper cage sticks) slips down and the whole airbox goes with it. Tightening the airbox clamp will not help.
The fix is easy.
Special materials and tools needed
- (1) 3/16" (5mm) aluminum short rivet and washer
- Rivet gun
- 1 1/8" (3cm) piece of fuel line hose (best)
- (1) 8" (20cm) nylon zip cable tie
1. Drill a 3/16" (5mm) hole on the side of the upper stick 3 3/4" (9.5cm) above the stick's joint with the main frame.
2. Put the washer on the rivet, the rivet in the hole, and secure the rivet to the stick with the rivet gun.
3. Use the cable tie and hose to support the air box. The cable tie must be placed above the rivet which holds the tie (and airbox) from slipping down.